- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult in their canoe.
- No children under 5 years of age. Please also be aware that, regardless of age, if children are too small to be adequately protected by our child buoyancy aids, they will not be allowed to participate. The final decision is ours.
- Single person bookings are not advised. However, please call to discuss if you feel you have appropriate experience.
- Pregnant persons may not take part.
- All participants must wear a buoyancy aid at all times whilst on the river
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Anyone who appears under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed on our canoes. The final decision is ours.
- The person that booked the trip (the “designated responsible adult”) must agree to these terms & conditions and must ensure that all of the party are aware of them.
- The designated responsible adult must show Photo-ID, in the form of either a passport or driving license on the day of hire.
- All customers aged 18 or over will have to sign our hire agreement upon arrival, or they will not be allowed in our canoes.
- Where “Baggage Transfer” is included in your booking, we must apply reasonable limits. Thinking in airplane terms, please restrict your baggage to an equivalent to two pieces of hand luggage per person. So, perhaps two holdalls or small backpacks, or replace one bag with a typically sized cool box. If you exceed this limit, we reserve the right to make a charge of £10 per additional bag/container per transfer.
- Be considerate to all other river users i.e.; fellow canoeists, powered boats and fisherman.
- Only land at designated landing areas.
- Dogs are welcome in our canoes although buoyancy aids will not be provided
- Take care of all equipment. Any loss or breakage will have to be paid for, unless by fair wear and tear.
- No Fishing allowed unless with the appropriate licence.
- Late return policy - £20 per hour, per canoe will be charged for late return of canoes & equipment.
- Canoe2 cannot be held responsible for the actions of it’s suppliers (including, but not limited to, providers of food, transport, and accommodation).
- DISCLAIMER. The River Nene Canoe Hire Co Ltd. will not be liable for any death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to goods arising out of the hire of any items by them unless that death, personal injury or loss of, or damage to the goods arises directly from an act of omission on the part of the company, its servant or agent.
- The River Nene Canoe Hire Co Ltd does not have any responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to your personal belongings. You should be aware that any water resistant containers supplied by us are not guaranteed to be water proof and therefore you should not rely on the water resistant containers that we supply to keep your property dry, and you accept that you are taking your personal property on to the river at your own risk.
- (Camping) For many groups requiring bell tents, tipis, or shepherds huts, a security deposit of £500 will be payable before the commencement of your river trip. Should any loss or damage of camping equipment occur during your hire, then this security deposit will be used in part or in full to cover any loss incurred by the River Nene Canoe Hire Co. Ltd. If damage or loss amounts to more than the security deposit taken, we reserve the right to recover additional monies. Unused security deposits will be returned within 14 days of the end of the hire period.
- (Camping) Parties must abide by the rules of the campsite on which they are staying.
- (Camping) Dogs should be under control and must not worry livestock. Dogs are not allowed in yurt, tipi, bell tents or shepherds huts.
- (Camping) Close gates, respect trees and hedgerows, leave no litter, start fire only in raised metal fire pit provided.
- (Camping) Chinese Lanterns are not allowed.
- (Comfy Camping) - Wadenhoe and Barnwell:
- The hirer must appoint a single person, not under the influence of alcohol or drugs who will be responsible for the safe use of the fire pits/stove/fire, and extinguishing it fully before the structure/location is vacated at the end of the hire period.
- The hirer will not move the fireplace and only fires or stoves supplied by must be used.
27. Clients booking by telephone will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to make amendments to these Terms and Conditions without notice.
Canoe2 Terms & Conditions continued (Booking & Refund Policy)
A 50% booking deposit will be required at the time of booking, and may be paid by Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal. This booking deposit is non-refundable, except as per clause 4. below.
The balance will be payable by Credit Card or Debit Card at least 28 days before your trip, and is also non-refundable, except as per clause 4. below.
Some special promotions, or limited availability trips will require payment in full at the time of booking with the full payment being non-refundable, except as per clause 4. below.
Hire on the day is subject to safe river and weather conditions. If, BEFORE YOUR TRIP BEGINS, a postponement of your hire is deemed necessary by the River Nene Canoe Hire Co. Ltd. due to unsafe river or weather conditions, we will give you as much notice as possible and we will offer you alternative dates. Under these circumstances only, and if no convenient alternative date can be agreed, any monies paid will be fully refunded.
- Once a trip begins, no refunds will be made, regardless of any change in conditions.
- Changes to a booking will only be accepted from the original booking contact (the “designated responsible adult”), and if multiple changes are required, Canoe2 asserts the right to make an administrative charge of £10 per change (at our discretion). The designated responsible adult will also be responsible for making all payments to Canoe2, as well as other responsibilities as mentioned within our general terms & conditions.
- It is extremely important to arrive by the time shown on your booking confirmation form. If late, it is very likely that other fellow paddlers will be delayed by you. Therefore, it may be necessary to leave without you and you may lose your payment.
- Gift Vouchers must be paid for in full by credit card, debit card, or paypal, and payments are non-refundable.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Lower denomination vouchers, or change, will not be given.
- When booking using Gift Vouchers, we strongly advise that you bring your vouchers in to our shop at The Boathouse at Rushden Lakes, BEFORE the day of your trip.
- If not supplied previously, Gift Vouchers used to book river trips MUST be handed in on day of your trip. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN BEING TURNED AWAY, OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY AGAIN BY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD BEFORE TAKING PART (refundable upon later submission of your vouchers to Canoe2, subject to an administration charge of £10 per booking)
- Coronavirus, Covid-19. Due to the outbreak of Coronavirus, Covid-19, and related government restrictions, you may postpone any 2021 Canoe2 canoe hire trip for any reason related to Coronavirus, Covid-19. You may postpone at any time, right up to the start day & time of your trip. You may postpone as many times as necessary in 2021, or into the 2022 season.
“Canoe2” is a trading name of…
Registered Business Name & Address:
The River Nene Canoe Hire Co. Ltd