Safer: for you, for us, for everybody.
We want to work with you, as a team, preparing for a great paddle on The River Nene in a safe & COVID-19 Secure manner.
Accordingly, to enable re-opening of our canoe hire service from Rushden Lakes, we have introduced a wide range of COVID-19 Secure Procedures.
If you’re coming for a paddle, make sure you know what to expect. Have a read, be prepared, and we’ll do the rest…
PRE-BOOKING TO ENSURE CONTACTLESS CHECK-IN
- Pre-booking with full payment will be required before arrival on site. Book online up to 48-hours before your trip, at www.canoe2.co.uk. Nearer the time, book by phone on 01933 522 223
- Pre-signing (digitally) the “Canoe2 Hire Agreement” is essential. Either when first booking, or via the link on your booking confirmation - Look for the blue button “View Required Documents”. ALL participants aged 18+ must sign, and any minors under-18 must be named.
BOOKING CONTROLS TO ASSIST WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Booking capacity has been reduced to ensure staying within social distancing guidelines. We’re accepting just two bookings per timeslot, and no more than 6 people per booking. Each booking will have separate safety briefing.
- We don’t hire single-person craft, and it is not possible to distance when sharing a canoe/kayak. So, there must be no less than two people from any household.
- Our advice is that those shielding, and those over the age of 70, should not participate at present
- If you, or any member of your household, is experiencing potential Coronavirus/COVID-19 symptoms on the day of your trip, or has done so at any time in the 28-days leading up to your trip, you must not attend. You will not be permitted to participate.
CHECK-LIST BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME:
- Book & Pay
- All Participants Digitally Sign Hire Agreement
- Please bring your own Hand-Sanitiser for when you are out on the river.
ARRIVAL, CHECK-IN, BRIEFINGS & MORE
- Park up in the main Rushden Lakes car park. Somewhere by the corner of “House Of Fraser” will be pretty close to us.
- Wander over to the Canoe2 Boathouse (between the lake and House of Fraser). Our shop remains closed, so we’ll meet you by the big yellow “WATERSPORTS” flag.
- Caught short? Public loos are opposite our Canoe2 shop, in the next building.
- Upon arrival we’ll require use of hand sanitiser whilst we say hi and talk you through check-in.
- Canoe2 staff will maintain 2-metre social-distancing at all times, and respectfully ask that you do the same, thank you.
- Our new procedures ensure socially distanced issue of equipment, briefings and launch of craft. Please observe the additional signage that assists these systems.
- These procedures are likely to slow issue of equipment, and the process of setting you off on the water. To ensure social distancing, you may also find you have to wait whilst another group leaves or returns. We ask for your patience & understanding in this. Thank you.
- Please also be on the river and social distance at pontoons, locks & portage locations - Regularly sanitise your hands. Be particularly aware that some people living permanently on narrow-boats along the river may be shielding.
- Hand sanitiser will also be sited on the pontoon for use after exiting your craft.
- As you leave the pontoon, we’ll ask that you leave equipment with us in a designated area for us to clean later with disinfectant solution. This process of cleaning & disinfecting equipment is being carried out between every hire
- Hand sanitiser will be made available one last time before you leave us
Ensuring everybody’s safety by following COVID-19 Secure Procedures is our priority.
If you’d like a reminder of government guidelines, please use the links below: