Published 23rd May 2020
We sincerely hope this message finds you & yours well, and that you’re finding a way through this incredibly difficult time.
Not booked yet and seeking reassurance? This is the page for you!
Here at Canoe2 we’ve been following government guidance throughout. This has led to the temporary closure of our canoe shop at Rushden Lakes. And now, with our 2020 canoe hire season upon us, we are pleased to confirm that the government announcements of May 13th 2020 have allowed us to plan our re-opening schedule, as follows:
– We expect to begin our “Out-n-Back” Canoe Hire Trips from Rushden Lakes, being trips of two, four, or six hours. NOTE: This re-opening is subject to permission from the Environment Agency for use of commercial craft on The River Nene - we will stay in touch as your booking approaches, and arrange postponement if necessary until the river re-opens. TO BOOK, CLICK HERE
- We expect to fully re-open for all trips: “Out-n-Back” canoe hire; Multi-Day Trips; Full-Day Downstream Paddles (the ones that include transport). TO BOOK, CLICK HERE
For now, under present COVID-19 Secure policies, ALL Canoe2 canoe trips AND lake hire of pedalos & katakanus will have to be pre-booked, either online or by phone. At time of writing (23rd May 2020), “out-n-back” paddles have to be booked at least 2-hours before start time, longer river trips at least 2 days before start. We don’t yet have pre-booking available for the lake hire of pedalos & katakanus, but we’re working on it, and will update here when sorted!
COVID-19 SECURE PROCEDURES
We’re all keen to get out on the water as soon as allowed & appropriate to do so, and we’ve worked really hard to make trips happen as soon as possible, within a COVID-19
Secure environment as per government guidelines, without compromising our pre-existing safety procedures, briefings and equipment in any way.
We will continue to follow all guidelines to, as always ensure the safest possible experience for you, as well as keeping all Canoe2 staff & partner organisations safe, still maintaining our professional & relaxed environment.
These times have been, and continue to be challenging to all, and we look forward to seeing you soon and to help you get away from it all.
IF GOVERNMENT COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS CONSPIRE AGAINST US…
Of course, we want to give you confidence when booking. So, if COVID-19 government restrictions & advice dictate that your trip is not possible on your selected date, we’re offering great flexibility under these unusual circumstances, and the following range of options:
- If postponement is necessary, we’ll work with you to find an alternative date that works. Our season runs to the end of September, and rest assured that, if required we will postpone your trip again, and even into 2021 where possible, if you prefer.
- Or, choose to cancel, and we’ll send you Canoe2 Gift Vouchers to the value of your booking. These will be valid to the end of the 2022 season and can be used by yourself, or anybody you choose to give them to.
- If you don’t think you’ll get together as a group again for your trip, just let us know and we’ll send separate gift vouchers to members of your group to make their own plans
Please take care during these testing times and stay safe. Click Through Here to view the current government guidance on social distancing.
More than ever, we can’t wait to see you on the river!
Richard & Ian
Ian Blackwell & Richard Nelson
No Specials Just Now BUT…
Click Through For A Great Range Of Permanent Offers:
“Blue Light” Offers
Large Group Reductions
Stag & Hen Exclusive
Find out about our new home environment at the wonderful new Leisure, Retail & Tourism Destination, Rushden Lakes
Follow this one for jobs too!
Find out about our fabulous Dawn Chorus, and Bat Spotting trips, with The Wildlife Trust…