RIVER PADDLE ADVISOR
River Paddle Advisor (full time/part time seasonal Work)
To ensure customers are provided with a professional and courteous greeting, are issued with the correct equipment and briefed for their river trip. Also to guarantee on the ground logistics are effectively executed in accordance with the company’s many daily requirements along the River Nene Valley.
£ Negotiable upon relevant experience and qualifications
· Meet and greet customers.
· Preparation of all equipment and loading vehicles
· Give safety briefings to customers before river trips.
· Transport equipment to designated locations along the river.
· Carry out equipment checks and maintenance.
· Carry out all required preparation before meeting paddle groups.
· End of trip logistical operations – respond to events and changes to plans as they occur
· Drive company vehicles with canoe trailers to drop off and collect canoes.
· Cleaning of all equipment after use.
· Arrangement of working hours will need to be in keeping with the operational and business requirements of Canoe2.
· Working hours will include weekends and bank holidays as required and some evenings.
· The post will involve working alone and unsupervised at our key locations along the River Nene.
· Leave will be restricted during the peak summer holiday season.
· Occasionally, training and meetings will be organised outside normal working hours. The post holder will be expected to attend whenever practicably possible.
· The reputation of Canoe2 is extremely important. It is a condition of employment that whether inside or outside of working hours the post holder upholds this reputation by positively promoting Canoe2.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Full clean diving licence with C1+E.
· Must have excellent Paddlesport experience and be a regular paddler.
· Hold minimum 2 star BCU Paddlesport qualification
· Experience working in a leisure related environment involving customer service is desirable though not essential.
· Face to face working with customers on a daily basis.
· Be able to demonstrate a sound career history.
Capabilities (Skills and Behaviours):
· Excellent communication skills are essential.
· The ability to quickly build a genuine strong rapport with customers.
· Have a high level sense of responsibility, flexibility, enthusiasm and motivation.
· Work efficiently under pressure
· Have the ability to continually think ahead.
· Be able to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
· Possess a genuine ‘can do’ approach.
· Be a genuine team player.
· Have a good level of paddlesports experience
Key Role requirements:
· Possible BCU coaching or BCU paddle qualifications.
· Experience of dealing face to face with customers.
· Experience of driving a vehicle with a trailer.
· Hold a clean driving licence.
· Have a good level of physical health and fitness.
· Must be able to work at weekends and consider these as normal working days.
· Have a good understanding of the geography of the Nene Valley.
All applications to: Please enclose latest C.V. with accompanying cover letter.