LAKE TEAM LEADER
Job Title: Lake Team Leader (Part Time, Ideal for students)
Job Summary: To assist with the day to day running of hire services creating an enjoyable and memorable experience, whilst maintaining a high standard of presentation and delivering excellent customer service.
Start Date: March 2019
Remuneration: dependent upon age and experience.
• Preparing all equipment and making sure it is in a safe hireable condition.
• Leadership - organisation and supervision of Lake team
• River Trip Safety Briefings
• Maintain high quality standards of operation/equipment cleanliness
• Operation of the Safety boat in a manor compliant with our operational procedures
• Assist or run team building Katakanu events on the lake
• Rescue and recover of craft and customers in the lake
• Supplying customers with safety equipment and giving safety briefings.
• Liaise with reception/senior staff to ensure correct allocation of equipment.
• Cleaning equipment, craft and assisting customers when they return to the pontoon.
• Ensure all returned equipment is ready and clean for the next customer.
• Loading and unloading canoe trailers.
• General site duties (sweeping, mopping, sorting equipment, tidying up).
• Arrangement of working hours will need to be in keeping with the operational and business requirements of Canoe2.
• Working hours will mainly be at weekends and during school/bank holidays, From May, working into the evening will be required.
• Leave will be restricted during the peak summer holiday season.
• Occasionally, training and meetings will be organised outside normal working hours. The post holder will be expected to attend whenever practicably possible.
• The reputation of Canoe2 is extremely important. It is a condition of employment that, whether inside or outside of working hours, the post holder upholds this reputation by positively promoting Canoe2.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Powerboat level 2 certificate is essential.
· Paddle/water sport experience is essential. (BCU 2-star award or similar)
Valid First Aid Qualification
· Must have experience of using a powered safety boat in a club/commercial environment.
Capabilities (Skills and Behaviours):
• The ability to quickly build a genuine rapport with customers.
• Be confident to converse with customers.
• Have a high-level sense of responsibility, enthusiasm and reliability.
• Work efficiently under pressure.
• Self-motivated busy work ethic.
• Have the ability to continually think ahead.
• Be able to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
• Possess a genuine ‘can do’ approach.
• Be a genuine team player.
Key Role requirements:
• This is a very physical role, so you need to have a good level of physical health and fitness.
• Total reliability
• Must be able to work at weekends/bank holidays and consider these as normal working days.
• Be a confident swimmer and confident around water.
All applications to: Please enclose latest C.V. with accompanying cover letter.